Sunday, January 22, 2012

Life is Good!

Well I would have to say that life is good! Just after Christmas I was dreading coming back to South Bend to finish school. Of course I want school to be over, but I was having a hard time with the city of South Bend (not the people). We live in a TINY run down apartment that has new nasty smells each day!! Nate being in school for long ours and possibly adding more to his plate with an internship. However, I am happy to report that all of the good around us makes up for the tiny apartment and surroundings. I LOVE the people here and have so much fun! I have made a great group of friends who I will be sad to leave in a few months!!

There is also other good things happening in our family! #1 Hallie is potty trained!! It feels sooo good! I love that I don't have to change poopy diapers!! I think I am about 90% confident in Hallie's potty training which is pretty dang good if you ask me. This Sunday at church was the third Sunday that Hallie has gone diaperless and this is the first time I was not nervous about leaving her and an accident occurring.
In addition Nate is working his butt off networking/applying to jobs. Hopefully something will come up soon. We know it will eventually, just not sure when. As for me I read this new book about being organized (you know its January, all about weight loss and organization) and I have been following the steps provided in the book and it has REALLY helped me in so many ways. I think this has helped tremendously in living in a 500 sq ft apartment.

Because of all of the organizing I went through Adalie's gigantic pile of clothes and pulled out the ones she does not like. The majority of them clutter her room and dresser and she never wears them. So now she has only a few outfits haha. Oh well. I have learned that if I ever buy her anything new that she HAS to be with me to decide which ones she likes. So now I have brand new clothes that fit her and are stored away for Hallie. Here is the sad part of this story....so awhile ago I noticed blisters on her toes. I assumed it was a one time thing so I ignored it. Then months later I noticed it again and decided to act on it. I has Adalie try on about 6 pairs of her shoes and they were all SO tight on her. I felt so bad! She never said anything! All of those shoes were either size 8 or 9. So I bought her a new pair of boots online that she wanted that were size 10. When they came in the mail we discovered they were too tight! Basically she wore size 8 for so long that she was up to size 11!! How sad is that?! Anyways she is down to 3 pairs of shoes that fit until her new boots come. Oh and lets not forget I did close to the same thing with Hallie. She had 2 pairs of church shoes and they were both WAY to small! She got new shoes last week!

 It's not everyday that they are cuddling so I had to capture it

 Hallie trying on my boots 

 22 weeks (I don't think I was this big with my girls, yikes)!

Hallie started a mini preschool with her friend Hannah once a week and this was her first day.

2 comments:

Kenzee Jo said...

Glad all is well!! Your girls are getting so big!! You look great too!! Can't wait to see what he looks like!!

The Mecham Family said...

Sounds like you are doing good! I love organizing...
About the shoes and clothes...It's so hard to keep up with them! THey grow so fast!