The girls went out on a date with Nate to see our local high school's production of Charley Brown. He said the girls really liked it and it kept their attention for the whole, I think three hour long, thing.
We are trying to get to the temple once a month so we bought a one year membership to the children's museum in Columbus. The kids go there while Nate and I trade off at the temple. I think it will work out nicely.
I had the privilege to volunteer at Adalie's preschool on beach day. She was so excited for this day. She is pictured with 2 of her friends, Addisen and Emma.
We have been doing weekly chores with each of the girls and allowing them to earn money this way. On Saturday mornings they each have to clean their room (sometimes during the week too) and one other chore. Then during the week they each take turns setting and clearing the table for dinner.
It has worked out great and they love earning money. We encourage them to save 1/2 and pay tithing, then they want to spend the rest that week. They each decide on something they are saving their money for. Hallie most recently chose a wallet. It took her 4 weeks to save! She was so excited to get it.
Now I have to brag about some awesome finds for our whole family!! We have a local store that had winter clothing, dresses, and shoes on a mega sale. We went 3 different times and bought:
14 long sleeve children's shirts
1 men's dress shirt
2 men's sweaters
1 tie
1 men's long sleeve work out shirt
1 woman's dress
1 woman's sweater jacket
1 woman's long sleeve shirt
1 woman's high heels
for a total of $85!!!!! Thats less than $4 an item!!!
1 comment:
Oh man, I miss shopping sales outside of Utah!
Post a Comment