Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter

This Easter was pretty low key. We had a ward pot luck and egg hunt. Easter Sunday happen to fall during Stake Conference so since we were so far north we had dinner with some friends that afternoon from the Akron ward. Later, we came home and made our traditional resurrection biscuits and dyed Easter eggs. Carving pumpkins and dying eggs is not very appealing to me. I usually help get all set up and purchase supplies then sit back and watch. Also, this year I all of a sudden got annoyed with the Easter Bunny, then decided I didn't want him coming to our house this year. Call me the scrooge of Easter I don't even care. It's a commercialized holiday and gift giving seems more about entitlement (like Christmas for the most part, but I won't open that can of worms) ....getting off soap box now.....so I told my kids that the Easter bunny would not be coming to our house (cruel I know) They couldn't believe I would do such a thing and asked why. I told them because it was just a man in a suit. We don't have Easter because of the bunny. Anyways, they seemed cool with it. They knew they all got new Easter dresses and didn't seem to care about much else. Hallie is still confused and thinks the Easter bunny is real and I have no intention to convince her otherwise, but I won't hide it when she asks.
I love these girls!!!




This is a great park where we held the Easter egg hunt. The slide is built into the hill and pretty fun! All of our kids LOVE it!
I was a little nervous sending Reid down, but Nate was confident so down he went.


This is all Reid would give me.... however, he is such a little stud

I can't get over how these babies are turning into beautiful girls! On a side note seconds before this picture was taken the girls were frowning because it was a little chilly. I told them to hurry and smile so we could go inside and immediately got these smiles. They are troopers! Oh and never mind the bear and apple....funny story, so about 10 minutes before Stake Conference was over Hallie saw Reid and Nate at the door way and wanted to go over to them so I let her and never looked back. When it was all over and people were flooding out of the doors Nate came over to us with only Reid. I panicked and asked where Hallie was and he didn't know what I was talking about. I knew right away she has been lost for 10 minutes! As I am trying to get to the hallway with little success I hear over the pulpit that there is a cute little girl with piggy tails and a bear who is lost. I ran (or tried in the masses) to her and felt so bad, she was so upset!  

Finally making some resurrection biscuits!

No comments: