Last week I managed to lock my keys in the car right when we got to Hallie's t-ball practice. I had locked the door and had the keys in my hand, but decided to change Reid's diaper before sitting at the park for an hour. I changed him on the floor of the van and set my keys down, then when I was done I picked him up and off we went. I was so mad when I realized what I had done! So I asked Adalie if she thought we should walk home for the spare key, because if she was going to complain I couldn't bring myself to start a hike with two kids, one of whom would whine most or all of the way. She was all for it so off we went. I was worried my land lord would not be home to get me into my house. Nate was also out of town conveniently and couldn't come and save the day like he had the week before!
On the walk home I was thinking to myself as I carried my 2 year old and and held hands with my 6 year old down a busy street, what would I do if a car wrecked up onto the curb.....I would be completely helpless because there really wouldn't be a way to avoid it. Then Adalie said lets cut through the field because it would be faster so we did. Then on our way back to the ball fields there was a wreck with two cars that smacked into each other and ended up completely on the sidewalk about 50 feet from where I had that original thought of a wreck! It was crazy! It happened less than 10 minutes from the time I had that thought. We arrived on the scene before police. A lady was injured and an ambulance was called.
Anyways, before all of that we got to our townhouse and the landlord was gone, so I knocked on the maintenance man's door who was gone, but his son gave us the master key kept at their house. I got inside and our spare key was gone! I freaked a little! Long story short we walked back to the fields 1.5 miles round trip carrying a two year old and I'm five months pregnant and it was so hot outside! We got back to the fields right as practice ended. On the walk I call the city police to see if they would unlock it. Sure enough they were there in no time and got it unlock quick! I was so mad I didn't do that to begin with!!! We got in the van (Hallie knowing none of what we went through) and asked who wanted to go to McDonalds?!?! My kids were so excited because we RARELY go there for dinner nor get happy meals and ice cream. They couldn't believe it! After that we headed to the library for some books Adalie was begging to read. We went home read, bathed, and went to bed! It was long and tiring, but we survived! Oh and I found the spare in my diaper bag (that Adalie toted around on our hike) the next day!
 |
| Pure happiness! |
 |
| Hallie at one of her games ready to steal home |
 |
| I caught Hallie and Reid all cuddled up together on the couch, do you think Reid would let me document this? No! "I see, I see" |
 |
| The kids were waiting for Nate to get home from the auto store so we could leave to go and walk our friend's dogs. They acted like they were going to die because of how long he took! |
 |
| Out walking! Heaven! |
 |
| Nate and I worked together (more like I was an assistant) at changing our van brakes. It was quite the learning process, but it was much cheaper and we felt we did a better job (cleaning and lubing) than a mechanic would have done, or not done at all for that matter. Hallie was loving the tools and "helping" |
 |
| Adalie had her first project/presentation for school. It was all about gorillas. They are going to the zoo tomorrow so in preparation for that they each had to study an animal. I was so proud of her! She did such a good job! |
No comments:
Post a Comment