Sunday, August 24, 2014

Summer is over

 I think we had a pretty dang good summer this year! Elementary school has been in session for a week and Hallie starts tomorrow! I feel like life is really good here at the Hill home! My kids are great and we have a good time together. They all make me laugh constantly! Reid is really talking now and its so fun to listen to him. He LOVES to be the center of attention and make everyone laugh. He has the BEST manners of any child I know. He really is an example to us. He always tells us please and thank you and is quick to say sorry when needed. He is always wanting hugs and kisses and tells Nate and I that he loves us often. The other day when he woke up in the morning I went to get him out of his crib and as soon as I laid him down to change his diaper he said, "I love you mom, I like you mom". Many days he will see his sisters after waking up and said hi and give them a hug. They eat it up and their hearts melt just like ours. When we drive past Nate's work Reid gets excited and screams, "daddy's work, daddy's work!" One day he said to me, "I wanna go to Smuckers mom" Today after sacrament meeting was over Reid quickly ran to Nate up on the stand. I saw his little head barely above the pews as he ran across the front row then turned the corner to go up to the stand and about took a lady out. The next thing I heard was "I love you dad". It seriously NEVER gets old! Every night before I go to bed I go and check on our kids and can't get over how much I love them and am so glad they are mine! It's funny because two nights ago Adalie asked me to come and check on her after she was asleep. I told her I always do that every night. She was pleasantly surprised and said, "Really?!" It was pretty sweet. Anyways, here is the end of summer in pictures.

This picture was taken by the Daily Record (local newspaper) for the annual Orrville Rib Fest. We didn't know we were in it until our hygienist at the dentist office told us. Of course I was sitting on a bench being hot and pregnant and didn't make the shot! 

At Smuckers they had a family day and fed us dinner and gave us tours of the research and development building. Pretty cool to see where the ideas all start (This is Nate's cubical). Funny story about coffee bags. Because whenever we go shopping with Nate we ALWAYS hit up the coffee aisle so naturally we all pick up bags and smell the coffee. Of course as you can see in the cubical Nate has coffee always at his desk so our kids get excited to smell it. He was able to take home several boxes for our neighbors and when we got it home they each carried a bag around smelling it. Reid brought it to me, "Smell it mom? You like it mom?"


Reid saw the Smucker train come in and this was his highlight! It brings in fruit for jams and jellies and also sugar and I'm sure lots more I don't know about.

Nate working of course trying to fit in as much work as he can....these girls were a big help!

Hallie got a new snorkel and Reid had to try it out

I turned 30!! Nate took me out to dinner and I also got a pedicure. They let him sit and get a massage. I told him to get a pedicure with me, but he didn't want to initially. He didn't know what to expect and had never seen it done. After it was over he said he wanted to do the next one with me. He thought it was pretty cool and didn't realize how much effort they put into them. Duh! This is why we like them!!

37 weeks!

We hit up the Orrville Rib Fest and they had train car rides for $1. It was fun!

Of course Reid in heaven again!



Reid thought this train was going to take him on a ride. When it didn't he was so upset! He wanted to stay on all day.

Adalie lost her second tooth! She kept talking about this loose tooth so I told her to do the washcloth thing again (not thinking she would) Hallie excitedly grabbed a washcloth and in minutes it was super loose and I ripped it out. It was all too funny! 

Our last temple trip for a bit!

38 weeks!

At our friend's going away party. Reid lived in the sprinkler almost the whole time.

Mark and Reid

Hallie and the Nielsen girls

These boys are so cute together and are becoming great friends

No comments: