Thursday, April 7, 2016

Knock on Wood

I hate to bring it up for fear of jinxing us, but I will anyways!

So I must say that stalking can pay itself off! Nate and I have LIVED and I mean consumed Zillow to extreme unhealthy proportions! We hated it, but felt that it was that or live on top of each other for another year. Zillow has this option for sellers to "Buy Me Now" where they list their home FSBO at a ridiculous price to see if they get a bite. Well there was a house listed in a neighborhood I liked and the square footage and amount of bedrooms fit our needs. I started stalking homes around the area looking for a 4 bedroom. I stalked and I stalked, there was nothing in our price range that we liked or it wasn't big enough or not enough bedrooms. About a month ago my friend came to me and said there was a home whose owners were moving out and she noticed a for sale sign leaning up against the house. She told me the street and I KNEW it was the house I saw in "Buy Me Now" several months back. Sure enough it was. Well we expected the home to go on the market any day. Our realtor was trying to dig up info and the seller kept saying they just weren't ready yet. I began to get frustrated because I knew they had already moved out and purchased another home. I finally told Nate that if I saw the owner there I was going to call him and make him go knock on the door because we all know I don't have the guts to do it myself. Well, two days later the owners were there!! I called Nate and he immediately jumped in his car. He knocked on the door and told them we were interested in the house. Blah blah blah Nate walked through, then I did. We told them we wanted to talk numbers, they were excited, we were excited and we agreed on a number the next day. They didn't use their realtor and didn't want ours either (unless we paid the commission of course) It was nerve racking but our realtor was cool about it. So far everything is going great and we are expected to close in about 2 weeks!

Luckily for us it has a new roof, new appliances, new water heater, new granite counter tops, new master bath, and fairly new A/C and furnace. The sellers have been great to work with and we are SO anxious to move in. My mom and Gary called to say they bought plane tickets to help us move! We weren't expecting that, so that was a nice surprise! It's a cute house with lots of charm. It's also on 1/2 an acre which is going to be AWESOME for our kids! Now they don't have to play in the street or on our 5'x10' piece of grass! We bought them a trampoline for the last house that fell through and never told the kids. It will be a nice surprise for them once we move in!! 




2 comments:

Courtney N said...

Congrats! It's a beautiful home!

Unknown said...

Cute house! Can't wait to come and see it!!