Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted!

Okay so there I was with only seconds to go before I entered the voting booth. I was quickly going over key issues that each presidential candidate stood for. This has not been the easiest decision for me. Nate and I talk about the candidates and their issues and still find it hard to choose. I think both candidates are very great men and who ever wins will do a good job in leading the nation, although one will do better than the other. These are a few of my thoughts...

I agreed with Obama's stance on education, but where will the money come from(which makes me very nervous)? I think McCain is more realistic, but not enough. Education is very important to me.....and this is actually new for me. I always knew education was important, but not how important. I feel like I received a good education although I know it could have been better and much of that is my fault. I don't think I took it serious enough. I had all the great resources I needed and I got good grades, but I did the bare minimum and didn't care if I got anything out of the class as long as a high grade was posted. Well I am afraid Adalie and my other unborn children may not have a great education and I don't want to chance that. I want a President who will work very hard for education and put more money into it.

My thoughts on health care are that we all need it! I have only been without health care in my life for a total of 4 months. I have been extremely lucky! I feel that it is ridiculously expensive to buy private health insurance. McCain will help in the cost of health insurance $2,500 for individuals and $5,000 for families. Obama would offer an income-based federal subsidiary for people who don't get insurance from an employer or qualify for medicaid. With that said I feel there will be quarks in both plans, but that there is a lot of good from the plans.

Abortion on the other hand I have an ABSOLUTE stand on!! I don't believe in it what so ever! I don't care of the circumstances it should never be done! If you are responsible enough to have sex then you are responsible enough to deliver a baby! If you were rapped I am sorry for the tragedy and that you did not have a choice in having sex....even though you didn't have the choice why should you take the choice of a baby to live?!! Yes I call it a baby! When I was only six weeks pregnant with Adalie I went in for an ultra sound and there was a strong healthy heartbeat!!!

As far as war is concerned I don't like it! However, it makes me nervous to just pull out in 16 months. I am afraid that Obama (if elected) will find that it is easier said than done to pull out in 16 months and wash his hands of the mess.

With that said....yes I did VOTE
GO VOTE!

2 comments:

The Mecham Family said...

Thank you for your opinions and comments on each candidate. I am feeling very confused on all the issues...I will be voting this afternoon when i leave work...It's hard to find out the truths from the candidates and decide who can accomplish things better...lots of promises...what actions will take place...

Ash said...

Thanks for sharing, Linds. It's going to be wild to see what happens. I have a feeling I will be up ALL night watching the polls and will have to drag myself into work. Oh well, it's exciting!