Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Big Girls Getting Bigger

I feel like my girls are growing so fast and that I can't keep up! I wanted to share some more things that we would like to remember down the road.


Adalie:
-Nate was bringing Adalie home from my Mom's house one day and he thought this was so funny that he is still talking about it.....she was sitting in the back seat saying, "Dad I'm pooping my brains out!"

-In our fridge we have some pink Tampico juice and I refer to it as 'nasty crap sugar juice'. For lunch one day Adalie asked, "Mom, can I have some nasty crap sugar juice?" She said it so innocently.

-Often Adalie will nag me over and over about the same thing so I decided to give her a taste of her own medicine. I was laying on the couch and she was in her room and Nate was on the computer. I yelled for her and asked her to give me some "loves" (hugs and kisses). I was as annoying as I could be about it (she was in her room working on something very important to her).
Me: Adalie I need loves
Adalie: Okay hold on
Me: No, I need it now...ppplleeaassseeeeeee....hurry...I need it now!
Adalie: OKAY! HOLD ON!
Me: Adalie I need loves right now hurry hurry!
Adalie: ahhhh....Dad will you go give Mom loves!?
We laughed so hard because it was so cute.....she was clearly annoyed!

Another thing I love when I get my way with Adalie is that after the battle she will say, "Okay, okay, I will do it". She says it with such annoyance and for some reason it is so funny to me.


Hallie:
Hallie is starting to become a little girl and growing out of the baby stage. I can't believe it! If she was walking I think she would be a little girl even more.

-She has a shoe fetish much like Adalie did and still does for that matter. She loves to put shoes on. I have recently learned that she has a certain pair she likes to wear. She has a pair of black dress shoes and when all of her shoes are laid in front of her she goes for those ones. She gets her point across with pointing and "talking" that she wants them on her feet. We will play the game where we put on all kinds of shoes and she will usually end up wanting to keep the black ones on. The other day she wanted to wear Adalie's Dora shoes and we were leaving so I would not let her and she threw herself down on the floor and had a major tantrum. She has also learned to say the word shoe...next to Dadda, Mamma, and stop/no.

-Within the last 4 days Hallie has picked up something new and cute. The girls and I were sitting in the rocking chair just before bed time and I said it was time to say a prayer and both girls folded their arms and then all of a sudden Hallie started shushing us with her finger up to her mouth. So now she will fold her arms, start babbling, then shush us in between.

-When I am sitting on the ground she loves to stand behind me with her hands on my shoulders and then bend around me until she is right in my face and will start screaming and then laugh because she thinks she is so funny.

*Disclaimer I hope when people read my blog they don't think I have this perfect life with my perfect children and husband. I am writing about the happy things in our lives, the things we want to remember. Spend a day with us and you will see that we are far from perfect. We have everyday struggles just like everyone else!

2 comments:

The Mecham Family said...

What great things to record!! I LOVE the story of you annoying Adalie! haha. And of course the one with Hallie praying and shushing is preciuos. :) I think you have a perfect family. Perfect for me means you have your flaws too. :)

Anonymous said...

I second what Kendra said! cute stories!