I love Nate! Last night I was prepared for a typical night--Nate comes home for about 15 to 30 minutes somewhere between 7 and 8 and then leaves again for the night. I heard him coming down the hall to our front door and think to myself, "will he be home for 10 or 20 minutes?" As soon as he walked in he said we were going on a date and that he got a babysitter. We rode our bikes (in the freezing cold--very fun though) up to campus to look through some telescopes they had pointed at the moon and one at Jupiter. To see Jupiter was fun because we went to the top of one of the science buildings and there was a dome we went in with a telescope set up. Apparently the telescope's lens was from the 1860's. After that we went to get some hot chocolate at Star Bucks--Nate had a gift card he won--We looked like idiots ordering because we never go there and didn't know the lingo. It was funny! Thanks for a great night Nate! I love you!!
On a side note--I wanted to write this down to remind me what a sweet innocent little girl I have! As many know Lion King came out today so I let Adalie stay up and watch it. She saw that Mufasa died and about 30 more minutes into the movie she crawled up into my arms and sobbed telling me that she didn't want daddy to die. She was soooo upset and broke my heart. I told her daddy wasn't going to die and she kept saying, "no, when his spirit leaves his body he will". I said it wasn't going to happen for a long long time until she was a grandma and she still didn't like the idea of that. She continued to cry and I was at a loss and told her we would all die together and hold hands and hug and then live in the clouds and she still didn't like that. I hated seeing her that way. After I got her calmed down there were two different occasions before bed that she cried and told me she loved me! This girl completely broke my heart tonight! I love you Adalie!!
2 comments:
How cute, you have the best stories!!
Nate... good job.
Adalie- what a sweetheart! I love it.
Post a Comment