It finally happened! Hallie has had LARGE tonsils all her life. We learned of this during an ER visit before she was one because she was having trouble breathing. Whenever she was sick her tonsils would swell even more and she really struggled to breath and it would get pretty scary! However, with that said I was very hesitant to have them removed. I just wanted to really understand it better before we went through with it. I always put it off, then this summer I decided to have her checked out by a specialist. He said they were large and most likely her adenoids would be large too. We scheduled an appointment to have them removed. Then, I got scared and canceled. I'm sure Nate was really annoyed with me, but he loves me anyways. I knew if we were going to go through with it, it needed to happen this year for insurance reasons. I initially made an appointment with the ENT because Hallie could not hear us due to an awful double ear infection back in September! Both eardrums burst. (I don't know how all of this works) After the eardrums healed, there was trapped fluid behind them. The lack of hearing was driving us and her crazy! Finally, in the 11th hour I decided to do something about it. The ENT said she needed tubes since the fluid sat there for 4 months and was not going away (hearing is restored instantly after tubes are in place). He also commented on her tonsils. We decided to just go for it since it would be free (lots of medical this year) and she would only have to be under once and recover once! Luckily the Dr. got us in for that Friday!! I was so happy! Hallie is a trooper, but says she doesn't want the Dr. to take her tonsils out again!

This was right before the surgery. She finally calmed down. She was freaking out from the moment they took us from the waiting room until this shot!
When she woke up from anesthesia she was a BEAST! She literally growled at the nurses and I. I couldn't get over how mean she was! I love her anyways. I snuck this shot, I was ordered not to look at her......
No comments:
Post a Comment