Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bride Anyone?

So it all started with our obsession of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. My cousins and I watched the episode where Monica, Rachel, and Phoebe were all dressed up in their wedding dresses. We wanted to recreate that together badly! We constantly talked about it but never got around to it. Then one day I saw a picture of my husband's cousins all dressed in their wedding dresses and decided we needed to go forward with the Wedding Dress Party. I made some announcements and the party planning started. My cousin Becky helped me plan the party and my cousin Misty helped out (Becky's sister) once she got here from Nebraska. We had cheese and chocolate fondue with bread and fruit for dipping. We had a few activities throughout the night. The first being "Chase Nate down the street". Nate was with us for a little bit while he got Adalie ready for bed and he was nice enough to help us recreate the movie The Bachelor. Then we started our fashion show to allow everyone the chance to model off their dresses to I'm Too Sexy. Then of course we had to have a wedding cake ...which I will add I made myself....we got around in a circle with a partner and fed cake to each other...kinda weird, but fun! To end the night (well for most of the girls) we played a little game called pass to bouquet where each person had to tell us all something about their wedding, engagement, or honeymoon. It was pretty funny! We heard things from getting mad during the proposal because the girl was thrown off to forgetting to break it off with another guy when she found her mate. After most everyone was gone a few of us stuck around and watched the movie Made of Honor. I definitely recommend having a wedding dress party and I don't think this one will be my last! I will post some video soon!!

How many brides does it take to make all the food?
My mom and aunt Darla...Darla was nice enough to put on a dress and be a bridesmaid...this is her 15th time as a bridesmaid..thanks Darla
Jenny and Kendra
Nina and Kim
Our dresses were very similar
Beck Sisters
Best Friends
Getting the food ready
Cutting the Cake
Running to the Bachelor
The Food
The Cake
Kendra Tasha and Shantel

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say - pretty fun! I'm sad I missed it but maybe it's a good thing. I borrowed my friend's wedding dress so I don't have one. Your cake looks gorgeous! Fun to see the pictures.

The Mecham Family said...

thanks again for the party! I cannot wait to see some of the video!!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

How FUN!!!! Cute Idea!
Smiles-Ker

Kenzee Jo said...

You guys are nuts...but that's what I love about you. Sounds like...and looks like you had fun :] Good job on the cake :]

Ash said...

I am not sure what to say...JK. Cute party, Linds.

Rachel said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun!!! Cute Idea!

Young Family Adventures said...

Oh my goodness!! How much fun!! I can't believe it!! Plus you all are fitting into your dresses - that would be my downfall!! You are all looking so good!! Too fun!!

emilie s. d. p. said...

This is hilarious! It cracks me up, I love it.