Thursday, April 9, 2009

Call Me A Freak .....

Okay, so you could say I am a little addicted to sewing lately!! I decided to make Adalie an Easter dress with matching jacket...and yes that's right I bought a pattern and taught myself. It was like reading German. I think I read every direction at least 10 times....and on some of the directions I was still lost so I skipped the step and made it up myself. I am proud of myself because I think where I skipped steps, it turned out cute still and I just made up what I thought I was supposed to do. Anyways, Adalie is sick of trying the dress on for me and when I finally got it done today I asked her to try it on and she said "NOOOOO" and ran. A few hours had to go by for her to stop screaming and running when she saw the dress. I may take a little break for now, only because it costs money for fabric. My next project is making me a skirt or dress.
This was when I finished the rough part of the bodice.Front
Back
Finish Product

8 comments:

The Bundy's said...

Wow! I'm totally impressed! Very cute, and you did a great job.

Unknown said...

I'm way impressed too! Way cute! Something like that sounds too ambitious for me lately - I don't do ANYTHING!

Young Family Adventures said...

You did a great job!! The dress turned out adorable!! I loved your ideas for the April fools jokes... is there a website where you did the newspaper one at? Hang in there ... 40 weeks seems to go by so slow... then they turn 4 & 6... then the next thing you know they are 13 & what happened to all the years in between? I know what you mean about wishing the hubby could feel a bit of the pregnancy pain too... I tell Dave in the next life, If I get any say, my plan - Men will be required to endure some type of physical discomfort along with the wife during those times too - so they can have/learn more compassion. I did get a bit lucky after having my 1st 2... Dave got to experience Severe Kidney stones (involving surgery) just months after I gave birth to 10lb & 8lb boys!! :) So he did get to go through some discomfort...but not for 9+ months!! :) Have a great weekend!!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

That is too cute..I could never do that! Maybe you have inspired me to try!

The Mecham Family said...

Great job! I love sewing and feeling I accomplished something!

Kenzee Jo said...

Wow-zers! Good job :] I know I couldn't do that from just reading instructions :] Very cute...

Carol Beck said...

Good for you Lindsay!!!!! I don't think I would have been brave enough to just teach myself like you did! It looks great! I took sewing in school nnd I'm still not very good at it!

Jenny said...

I am SO impressed! Sewing is definitely not my thing-so props to you! I'm sure she looked adorable today!