Frank Porenta, 87, of 1119 10th St., Rock Springs, died Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2009, at the Sage View Care Center. A longtime Rock Springs resident, he died following a lengthy illness.
He was born April 15, 1922, in Reliance, the son of John and Mary Pivc Porenta.
Mr. Porenta attended schools in Reliance and was a 1940 graduate of Reliance High School.
He married the former Matilda Susich on June 28, 1952, at the SS. Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church in Rock Springs.
Mr. Porenta was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
He worked as a maintenance man for the Rock Springs Public Library for 13 years and retired in 1988. He had also worked for Conoco as a truck driver.
Mr. Porenta was a member of Holy Spirit Catholic Community and Button Box Band.
His interests included playing the accordion and polka music.
Survivors included his wife, Matilda Porenta of Rock Springs; son, Frank Porenta and wife Londa of Green River; daughter, Diane Gil and husband Joseph of Rock Springs; son-in-law, Ken Wilbert and wife Margie of Rock Springs; six grandchildren, Stephany Gil-Robinson, Nathan Gil, Michael Porenta and wife Sami, Lindsey Porenta-Hill and husband Nathan, Christopher Wilbert and Joshua Wilbert; two great-grandchildren, Adalie Hill and Hallie Hill; and nephew, Kent Porenta and wife Kelly.
He was preceded in death by his parents; daughter, Mary Anne Wilbert; and brother and sister-in-law, John Porenta and Edythe Belle Porenta.
I am really sad because this is this most updated picture I could find of my Grandpa (That is Adalie in the picture not Hallie). I took several only months ago and can not find them ANYWHERE on my computer!!
We went to the funereal on Monday and it was a nice funeral. There were six Pallbearers, Nate, my brother Mike, and three cousins, Chris, Nate, Josh, and a family friend. It seems like my grandpa was sick for most of my life. I didn't get to know him as much as I should have. I know he was a good and honest man and well respected.
We love you Grandpa!
1 comment:
So sorry to hear about your loss!
Post a Comment