
During orientation week we were able to go and see the stadium and have lunch in the press box.

That afternoon we went to the "Golden Dome"--this shot does not do it justice because the picture is so bright :(
This was right before my Mom and Gary left
Of course "Touch Down Jesus"Some highlights:
- After the truck was filled with all of our stuff the "check engine" light came on
- While driving 70 mph there were several times that the truck would die and Nate and Gary would have to put the truck in neutral and restart it
-In the women's car my Mom was in charge of the girls (NOT an easy job!!) during one of her MANY getting out of her seat belt to reach in the back for something, she fell into the aisle. I could not contain myself and laughed till I cried. What made it so funny was that she could not move and just laid there for a bit
-Hallie was lucky enough to get some little girl compact make-up in a cell phone--bling included--and got it all over her face and while Gary was riding with us she repeatedly told him "Grandpa, I beautiful"
-Hallie fell while on campus and got a few scrapes on her knees. When it happened she pretty much got right back up and was fine. Later after getting into the car my Mom pointed to her "owies" and said "eww ouch Hallie". Hallie then looked down and SCREAMED and cried about her owies. She continued to cry for 30 minutes!! At one point she was holding onto both of her knees and tried walking and acted as though her legs were broken. The next morning when I was changing her clothes she screamed again when she saw the scratches for about 5 minutes.
- We are crammed into a a 500 Square foot apartment--not a typo my friends
We are happy to be here and excited to see what the school year will bring!
GO IRISH!
- After the truck was filled with all of our stuff the "check engine" light came on
- While driving 70 mph there were several times that the truck would die and Nate and Gary would have to put the truck in neutral and restart it
-In the women's car my Mom was in charge of the girls (NOT an easy job!!) during one of her MANY getting out of her seat belt to reach in the back for something, she fell into the aisle. I could not contain myself and laughed till I cried. What made it so funny was that she could not move and just laid there for a bit
-Hallie was lucky enough to get some little girl compact make-up in a cell phone--bling included--and got it all over her face and while Gary was riding with us she repeatedly told him "Grandpa, I beautiful"
-Hallie fell while on campus and got a few scrapes on her knees. When it happened she pretty much got right back up and was fine. Later after getting into the car my Mom pointed to her "owies" and said "eww ouch Hallie". Hallie then looked down and SCREAMED and cried about her owies. She continued to cry for 30 minutes!! At one point she was holding onto both of her knees and tried walking and acted as though her legs were broken. The next morning when I was changing her clothes she screamed again when she saw the scratches for about 5 minutes.
- We are crammed into a a 500 Square foot apartment--not a typo my friends
We are happy to be here and excited to see what the school year will bring!
GO IRISH!

5 comments:
Up and blogging already, amazing! We miss you guys already. We've been at your old house all week and the boys can't figure out where Adalie went and why she's gone with all her stuff. Good luck with school starting on Monday for Nate!!
Thanks for sharing the highlights of your trip!! I love the one about your mom falling in the car. hahahaha. I'm so glad you made it safe!
Glad you guys made it! What a fun new adventure for your family! :)
I laughed out loud at the part about your mom falling and getting stuck in the car. I think there is something in the Beck blood that makes us laugh when people fall. I'm glad you were able to enjoy that.
Looking forward to hearing how your time goes at Notre Dame. Yay for blogs :)
~Mandy
Glad you made it! Sounds like you got to stop and do some fun things along the way! Good luck with the start of school, unpacking and all that!
Post a Comment