So living in Indian our eyes were opened to the Amish and Mennonites. I
would occasionally see them at the grocery store and some clothing
stores. We lived about 30 minutes from a large Amish/Mennonite
community. Well now that we are in Ohio we see them ALL the time. It is
pretty cool to see them going down your street with their horse and
buggy, although Mennonites drive big 12 passenger vans, (my facts may
not be completely correct--this is just what we have come to conclude
after talking with some of them) Where we live there are so many and so
we are used to it now. In early October most of the town is having a yard sale
and of course I was taking part. I laughed to myself because I never
thought I would be yard selling with the Amish and be parked behind their horse
and buggy. Nate and I admire them because of how much more simple their
lives are to a degree. The rest of us complicate so many parts of our
lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment