I fill in at a financial institution a few times a month and almost EVERY single time I do, people yell at me for asking for their ID when they want to take cash out!! It is usually older people who have banked their "for 30 years and know the president of the bank and everyone else...." I have to explain that I am filling in for the bank and I don't know ALL the customers!! Please don't be one of these people! Just be happy that I am asking for ID so that I am confident in giving the money out and that I am not giving it to some stranger!!
Finally when they take their ID out they throw it across the counter....I guess it makes them feel better. I really don't care who you are and who you know at the bank nor what rank they are. Think about it if you don't know me...why should I for sure know you!?!?!
My favorite during all the commotion is when the head teller comes over to help and says, "I will just go ahead and put a note on your account that says not to ask for ID and this way anyone can come and get money out of this account!"
3 comments:
I always thank tellers or store clerks when they ask for ID. It's like YAY someone who is trying to prevent ID Theft (which Jeremiah has had twice!)
I'm sorry!! I know exactly what you mean. I get people coming in here all the time at the Motel saying they "used to come all the time, why do you need my info to make a reservation..." Umm...because I DON'T know you... and they get offended if I ask for ID with their Credit Card... Why can't people just cooperate, instead of complaining and making the situation harder than it really is?!?!?!?
hahahahah, oh man, people are so crazy!!!! When people ask me for ID I think, oh good! I'm glad they still do that!
Post a Comment